Strategic Ministry and
Technology Enablement Project
Technology to “Go Disciple” Beyond the Church Walls
At Manteno Church of the Nazarene, we take seriously our call to “go and make disciples of all nations” (Matthew 29:19). We regularly encourage and remind one another that when we leave the building, the church leaves with us; the church goes wherever we go.
Never has the need to “go disciple” been clearer than during the COVID-19 pandemic. We’ve had to pivot quickly to an online environment, trying to find new ways to stay connected and share the Good News of
It’s increasingly obvious that our current technology hinders rather than helps us in our mission. Outdated and insufficient technology limit the ways we can reach out, serve and share the Gospel beyond the physical walls of our church.
This project will implement technology that allows Manteno Church of the Nazarene to effectively “go disciple” every isolated, lonely, and vulnerable member of our community.
Our current technology presents several challenges that impede rather than support our mission.
- Unreliable internet that doesn’t support live streaming, often “crashing” during live events
- Outdated wiring that negatively impacts the quality of our Wi-Fi, phone, and security.
- Open internet access leaves staff and church body vulnerable to cybersecurity threats.
- Lack of equipment, software, and online platforms reduce the quality of worship services and other programming.
The global pandemic has highlighted and accelerated the pressure to provide remote ministry for individuals and families unable to attend church in person. However, the need precedes – and will extend beyond – the outbreak of COVID-19.
With improved technology, Manteno Church of the Nazarene can more effectively serve:
- Families with special needs.
- Seniors in assisted living facilities.
- College students who want to remain connected during school breaks.
- Members who are traveling.
- Individuals who are homebound due to health, transportation, childcare or other concerns.
UNDERSTANDING THE NEED
The need for improvements can be grouped into three broad categories.
1. Infrastructure Investment
Our current wiring is more than ten years old, and there is poor connectivity throughout the building. Our internet service is antiquated and crashes whenever we try to do live events. With new wiring and enhanced internet, we can address issues related to office workstations, printers, online giving and security cameras. We can also provide reliable connectivity for worship services, kids programming and youth gatherings.
2. Internet Security Investment
Our current internet access is wide open, leaving the staff and church body vulnerable to cybersecurity threats. This plan includes an enhanced firewall that will significantly reduce the risk of a devastating breach of private information, such as financial and personal records.
3. Enhanced Streaming and Production Investment
Our current video streaming solutions of Facebook and YouTube are unreliable and poor in quality. With upgrades to our website, software, and A/V equipment, we can produce a consistent experience that enhances rather than distracts from worship services.
|Total Remaining Need*||$3,062||
|Reflects initial investments. Ongoing costs related to this proposal total an additional $350/month.|
Now is the critical time to accomplish this project!
In order to accomplish this, we need congregational support in three key areas.
- Pray! We seek God’s direction on how best to meet the needs of our community, and we are confident in His provision.
- Volunteer! We rely on the expertise and volunteer man-hours of our members to help us set-up and implement this plan.
- Support! We hope to fund the majority of this project through designated contributions. Your gift will meet help meet this critical need, and it will free up general tithes and offerings to remain directed toward other ministries.
Thank you for prayerfully considering how you might become involved in this project!