Statement Towards Racial Justice
Manteno Church of the Nazarene stands with the International Church of the Nazarene
June 10, 2020
‘Be it known to all that we stand against racial injustice.’
This quote comes from the ‘Statement Towards Racial Justice and Righteousness’ by the Nazarene Black Strategic Readiness Team. (For the entire statement click https://resources.nazarene.org/index.php/s/X8A8zQjoprHTJFB#pdfviewer or go to usacanadaregion.org)
As Manteno Church of the Nazarene….
- We are committed to listening.
- We are committed to educating ourselves about the lives of people of color.
- We are committed to doing unto others as we would have done unto us.
- We are committed to loving as Jesus loved us.
- We are committed to being people of love and hope instead of hate or fear.
- We are committed to being people of equality, justice, righteousness, and peace. This is who we, as Manteno Church of the Nazarene, want to be, but most importantly who we long to be as followers of Jesus Christ.
We are listening to each other and developing Action Steps to journey together.
- Intentionally listen to and learn about the challenges that people of color face.
- Intentionally promote and encourage intercultural activities and relationships across racial boundaries.
- Invite people of color to share their experiences with our congregation.
- Intentionally develop resources and education on racism with children, youth, and adults of all ages.